Bangkok at night. Photos and content © Chris
Macau. Images and content © Chris. Legacy blog.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

A couple days back in Macau

Macau definitely hasn't changed much during the week I was away! I must admit that I'm getting used to the routine of living here... it's fun to stroll around and sample various delicacies from a myriad of small restaurants. Then, if desired, high-end cuisines from anywhere in the world are always available at the various "resorts" around Macau... public transportation is cheap and effective, and everything in the cities themselves are so much more affordable than anything equivalent in the USA. Crave a new suit or the latest in technological devices? Take the hour-long trip to Hong Kong for about $20 US. Buy the legally unlocked versions of the I-Phone, I-Pad, or other device that would be otherwise captive to some wireless company if purchased in the USA. Yes, Macau is after all somewhat small.. but if you're flexible and a true traveler, you'll find many things to do.

Regarding myself, I've spent a significant amount of time over the last several days re-adjusting the life here (jet-lag is finally gone, yay!), and I've decided to embark on a new adventure: change my living habits to focus on developing my potential as an early morning riser! Things always seem to go much better and faster when I get up early and don't laze around in bed. Below are some of my photos taken over the last several days.


 
Senado Square is always busy!

 A new store opened! I am getting used to these shows by now. The people here seem to place a significant amount of trust in "luck" and "good fortune"... after all, isn't that the culture that made Macau the gambling hub of Asia? In any case, whenever a shop opens, flowers and other items are brought in to celebrate.

 The bus stop at the City of Dreams. Commonly pronounced "COD". No, not like the fish! Phonetically its slightly better than that: "See"-"Oh"-"Dee".

 Taipa Village

People here love football - err, soccer. No wait, football. Be reasonable, folks, American's call a game with a pigskin ball "football", but really the player's feet aren't really used for it that often. So there we have it! There are people playing football in that photograph above. This is a group of internationals playing together although I've seen many groups of Macanese playing nightly as well.

 Macau always has a light mist hovering over its islands. At first I thought it was smog, but then later I realized its just fog. My apartment this morning was enveloped in a cloud, all you could see outside of the windows was an incredibly bright whiteness!

No comments:

Post a Comment