Bangkok at night. Photos and content © Chris
Macau. Images and content © Chris. Legacy blog.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Junkyard

Howdy, so today I decided to list a short trek through the junkyards of Macao as this last weekend's highlight. Yep, damp weather's been on the horizon for a while, although locals have told me that this is better than how it usually is/has been/ will be. For Macao, as I've mentioned before, mists and moisture are a staple, but for several days last week it was bad... moisture on and over everything in the apartment!

Accompanied by three others, I walked through the badlands of the junkyard. I'd actually consider it to be quite safe; the local University of Macao: Taipa students seem to use the path frequently, sometimes even singly. Can't say I'd expect to see the same anywhere in the USA, especially not Chicago! On another note, the beverages available in the supermarkets here are great and fresh (see last photo).

 
There are actually named roads for these paths!

Even this area seems tropical

Guard dog? His head rotated, his eyes fixedly staring at me as I passed. 
His friend (top, left of photograph) seemed more interested in something else.

 
Yep! I've tried many different types of these; for the most part, they are fresh with no additives. I do love juice, however I try to balance this consumption with water to dilute the concentration 
of the carbohydrates.

No comments:

Post a Comment