Bangkok at night. Photos and content © Chris
Macau. Images and content © Chris. Legacy blog.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cafe Luca @ Venetian Macau

Well folks, the world is indeed very small! This does have its advantages; one can now easily fly around the world in less than eighty hours, let alone traverse the globe in eighty days (step aside, Jules Verne!). Of course, such change also has its disadvantages. For example, several days ago, I was walking at the top of a construction project in Macau when I heard a familiar voice. I thought to myself "That voice??? Here? Impossible! I can barely hear the traffic from the ground far below!" But, alas! It was true. Justin Bieber, aka "The Biebs", was crooning "Baby" via a local radio station (which I was in turn hearing from a worker's portable radio). To be honest, I don't hate the guy... its just not my style of music and I get tired of the hype - both good and bad - that surrounds him wherever he goes. While walking by the City of Dreams later that evening, a white Mercedes convertible roared by with Lady Gaga's song "Bad Romance" booming. Ah yes, the familiar Western culture.

 
 The Cafe Luca is located along the canal inside of the Venetian Macau. A cute place to stop for a bit to eat! Items can be pricey, however, so expect prices similar to those found in the USA.

Of course, there's nothing like ending a long hot and humid day with a relaxing dinner, so I stopped by my favorite air-conditioned haunt, the Venetian Macau, to try out this restaurant I'd spotted a few days ago: The Cafe Luca. The restaurant seemed nicely placed along the canal, low key atmosphere, and appeared to have an excellent dessert menu. I must say that the food didn't disappoint. On the way to the restaurant, I passed by three costumed entertainers strolling along the canal. At the restaurant, I chose a comfortable booth beside the canal and saw several gondolas pass by. Later on, two Russian jugglers entertained a group of tourists (including myself) near a stone bridge across the canal a short distance away. During the meal, I could hear music from St. Mark's Square. Once I was finished with my after-dinner coffee, I stopped by to take in some opera from an opera singer near the westernmost portion of the canal. The place can be so relaxing, I don't know if I can ever survive making my own meals again! Eating out can become very addicting in Macau :-).

Chicken steak lathered in a tomato-wine sauce, adorned with tomatoes and onions and accompanied with white rice, fresh salad, and a strawberry milkshake! Oh, make sure you don't forget the after-dinner coffee to 
complete the experience!



No comments:

Post a Comment