Bangkok at night. Photos and content © Chris
Macau. Images and content © Chris. Legacy blog.

Friday, June 17, 2011

The time has come my little friends....

Where was I? Oh yes, hrrmph.. hold up a minute! Let my grab my spectacles. Let's get started again.

"Uh the time has come my little friends
To talk of other things.
Of shoes and ships and sealing-wax,
And cabbages and kings.
And why the sea is boiling hot,
And whether pigs have wings.
.."
[credit to the literary master Lewis Carrol]

In case you were wondering, yes! I did consume my very first oyster last weekend! I really should be commended for my bravery in trying... after all, I did the deed even after Mr Bean's encounter was burned into my memory several years ago - and that only from the previews!

But, we're walkin' down rabbit trails right now (in other words, I diverge). The time for Macau is over, and the time for a new beginning has, well, begun! This time, we exchange the luxurious summer haunt of the islands of Macau - replete with its resorts and multi-billion dollar construction projects - for the exotic South-Asian capital of Thailand: Bangkok.

Yes, indeed, Bangkok! An ancient capital of an ancient country... a country with a rich history, with a well-developed culture. Throw that in with the jungles and wild (!) elephants and other attractions, and you've got a good place for a visit! Therefore, I've created a new blog... it's found at "christhaitrek.blogspot.com", so please pop on by if you're interested! There are also links on the right-hand side (under "My Other Blogs") to several other travel blogs.

In the meantime, a tribute to Macau... a series of photos taken by mois. Enjoy!

The Last Week



A statue? Wait no, it's aliiiiiiiive!



1. The Grand Imperial Court in the MGM! [left] 2. The Rossio [right]

1. At the MGM Resort on Macao Island 2. Rossio Sunday brunch! Hands down, it's easily the best Western and Asian style buffet in Macau. For MOP 480 per person, you receive complementary drinks (champaign, coffee, freshly squeezed fruit juice) and an all-you-can eat buffet featuring seafood, sushi, Chinese dishes, Macanese dishes, Western-style barbecue (roast lamb, grilled salmon, prime rib), and a nice assortment of desserts. The buffet is open from 11am to 3pm on Sundays, so stop on by and help yourselves to four hours of chowing down on some of the niceties!



1. Outside the Square 8 restaurant (MGM) 2. Bus between MGM and the City of Dreams


Straight between Macao and Taipa Islands



1. The Venetian at night 2. Taipa, welcoming the dawn




No comments:

Post a Comment