Bangkok at night. Photos and content © Chris
Macau. Images and content © Chris. Legacy blog.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Taipei Day 1

Starting Location: Macau International Airport

Inside the terminal, beyond airport security

Arrival in Taoyuan International Airport

View down the corridor towards the main building

Taoyuan International Airport - one hour from Taipei by car

City of Xindian, Taiwan. Along the way to Taipei

Lehua Night Market in Yonghe City, Taiwan

After sampling many delicacies recommended by my friend, including the famous (or rather, infamous) "stinky tofu", I decided that shopping for some affordable jeans for work might be a good idea. Please note that if you are looking for regular -i.e. not tacky, youngling-type jeans - they will be very difficult to locate. Finally, I found some!

My size is evidently in-between, so the lady altered the waist size to fit me. Alterations are free! She was quite flattered and rather pleased when I asked if I could take her picture while she did the alterations.

Local department store

Crystallized-sugar coated fruit. Comes with various toppings, but I had my strawberries (see shish-kabobs on top) with honey. Quite delicious, very sweet! The entire concoction is covered with a edible rice-paper to minimize sticky fingers!

Compartmentalized store. People rent small cubes of space in this store and share a portion of the profit with the landlords. This way the people can sell their items to a larger audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment